Sunday, November 25, 2012

MRC 2012 Points Standing

I noticed that MalaysianRally.com website is still showing the same points standing since Round 2: Perlis and worst of all, its still provisional. To save everyone's trouble of guessing what the latest points standing are now, I took the trouble to myself and did the calculation. To my surprise, the points standing for overall and team's point are closer than I had imagine. It will be a battle to the last round, and that is what spectators love to see.

Just to cock tease you for a while more, I will explain how the point system for Malaysian Rally Championship (MRC) work before I reveal the points standing. I will only demonstrate how the overall is calculated. The method to calculate for other classification is roughly the same, with the difference of only classified competitors are taken into account during the calculation.

This is the points standing as of Round 2.


This is the result of Round 3


Points are awarded to the official finishing position at the rally, thus, the 10, 8, 6, ..... points awarded. Thus,
Nathan gets 10, Brian 8, Karam 6, etc.

I'm not done yet. MRC also award bonus point for the top 3 finisher of each leg, 3,2 and 1 point respectively which means Karam gets 3 points for Leg 1 and 1 point for Leg 2, Brian gets 2 points for each Leg 1 and 2, etc.

Top positions of Leg 1

Top positions of Leg 2

 But again, I'm not done yet. Just like any other organizer around the world would do, there is always a catch somewhere. The regulation says that the competitor must compete in at least four rounds out of the five to be held this year. Else, points awarded will not be eligible for the championship, with the exception of team manufacturer's point. I'm unsure if the organizer will reconsider this rule since one round was cancelled. They might just change it to a minimum of three rounds out of the four rounds or remain it at a minimum four as though the cancelled is still taken into consideration. I'm just going to sort everything out by the total points disregard of the number of rounds competed.

So folks, I now present to you the provisional points standing as of Round 3.


P.s*: Do not hold me responsible for any miscalculation, if any, as I have clearly mentioned this is only provisional points standing
**: I'll try to come up with the rest of the points standing by next week if malaysianrally.com doesn't update theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment